TROOP 617 POWAY

SCOUT TROOP 617 WELCOMES YOU TO JOIN US AS WE CAMP, HIKE, EXPLORE, LEARN OUTDOOR SKILLS AND GROW TO MANHOOD!

Friday, July 29, 2011

KISS THE DUCK! KISS THE DUCK!

Mr Redmond had carved a duck head at the top of his walking stick and was poking Zach's face from 3 feet away. Zach was ignoring him, obviously hoping he'd go away.
"Zach! (quack quack) Kiss my duck!" Zach glared at him.
"Zach, just kiss the duck", David chimed in.
Soon the chant began, "Kiss the duck! Kiss the duck! Kiss the duck!"
Zach realized he wasn't going to get out of it, so he better be a good sport. He suddently chomped on the duck's bill and locked his jaw.
"HEY! Leggo my duck!" His dad was taken by surprise as the joke turned on him. He sulked away with his masterpiece.
By the time the duck saw the light of day again, it was a beautifully carved and painted walking stick, presented to me as a gift, representing as many camp memories as a duck can carry. Ooohs and awws filled the campsite as he approached me...
I was so touched by his creative and skilled handiwork! But the sentimental moment flashed passed me as the chant sprang up again, "Kiss the duck! Kiss the duck!"

No comments: