TROOP 617 POWAY

SCOUT TROOP 617 WELCOMES YOU TO JOIN US AS WE CAMP, HIKE, EXPLORE, LEARN OUTDOOR SKILLS AND GROW TO MANHOOD!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

"I AM THOR"

When I first joined the troop we all slept outside so on the last day of the trip I slept outside. At first it was clear, then it got cloudy then the thunder started. Flash! BOOM! and this went on four hours, then it started sprinkling so I covered my face.

A while later Mr. Gamble yelled out - over the gale, "Zach! Get outta the rain!"  So, I strolled over into the rain fly and the next morning we joked about it and Mr. G said, he thought a lightning bolt almost struck a tree within 20 feet of our camp. He said he looked over and saw me sleeping soundly with the rain pouring down onto my sleeping bag. I AM THOR.

No comments: