TROOP 617 POWAY

SCOUT TROOP 617 WELCOMES YOU TO JOIN US AS WE CAMP, HIKE, EXPLORE, LEARN OUTDOOR SKILLS AND GROW TO MANHOOD!

Friday, July 23, 2010

Adventure Calls

Can't u just feel the longing for more adventure?

Oh the stories these shoes could tell... of the icy waters of that blasted swim test... and how they could have jumped up and kicked me in the mouth if they weren't securely on my feet after an hour of that incessant sea chantey on War Canoe... of that foggy sunset and peaceful silence on our lovely evening kayak trip out past Indian Head Rock... of the clear waters of Doctor's Cove (where we had our private beach bbq) when Jordan so courageously took me snorkeling (he probably wishes he hadn't had THAT brilliant idea!)...

I just can't imagine having a better week away from home. I am missing my beloved hubby and other kiddos, but these shoes... don't they look like they just might run off into the hills of Emerald Bay Island and find a spot to watch and wait for the next mommy adventurer to stumble off that ferry having no clue how much fun is in store for her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks--I don't know who wrote all those well written comments but they a delightful to read. mg